Memphis is the mid-south area, which is incredible to call home. The neighborhoods and communities are cherished and appreciated by the Memphians. The city is developing consistently with new businesses being launched, real estate market flourishing, festivals & events hosted annually and getting acknowledged as the best tourist destination.
People can relocate to Memphis for many reasons
Rich in art & culture
Memphis is loaded with musical history, art and engagement. The roots are so deep that you can experience the culture today in the form of museums, performing arts and live concerts. It means there is lot of do and see for tourists and even the locals.
- Live music can be enjoyed at Orpheum, Lafayette’s Music Room, Levitt Shell
- Popular events to participate are Beale Street Music Festival, Fall festival,
- Fascinating museums to visit are The Pink Palace Museum & Planetarium, Brooks Art Museum, National Ornamental Metal Museum, Stax Museum
Southern hospitality is warm and welcoming but food culture is distinct and diverse. In the past, this small river town was visited by people from different cultures. Many people made their home here and so they added a distinct taste to the food culture of Memphis. Today, Memphis has become famous all around the world as the home offering award-winning barbeque. For choosing restaurants foodies can check out information on Memphis tourism website.
- Favored restaurants – Las Tortugas deli Mexicana, Blue City Café, Catherine & Mary’s, Café 1912, Southern Social, Second Line
Weekend hits in Memphis
Leisure time can be spent in several ways – from watching the sporting events to walking down the parks to enjoying picnic at the nearby lakes to visiting the breweries and local landmarks. The weather is mild all the year round in Memphis, so you go anywhere you choose. It is personal preference on how to spend your weekend – go shopping or explore the unique landmarks or bicycling.
The area has mild temperature, flat terrain and lots of sunshine. Therefore, going outdoor to exercise and even explore is a thrilling activity. There are many outdoor facilities for runners, bikers, golfers and outdoor enthusiasts. There is the –
- Autozone Park, a beautiful stadium
- Shelby farms, Green Line, Big River Crossing
- Germantown Festival gives chance to shop for unique gifts
The favorite neighborhoods differ from one local resident to another because of personal reasons.
- High Point Terrace is favored because it is a mixed community of old, young, couple, singles, and families.
- East Memphis is adored because of the people, location [middle of the city] and houses.
- Germantown is preferred because of lower taxes, life quality, and great police protection.
- Downtown is ideal because there is plenty to do, see, hear, eat and drink.
- Cordova is perfect because of many restaurant and shopping options.
So, you can see there are multiple reasons to relocate or enjoy vacation in Memphis. The best thing Memphians adore about living here is the Mississippi River, Museums, Colleges, Shelby Farms, Parks, Musical Festivals, Downtown, Memphis Zoo, Restaurants, Sporting events, BBQ competition, and more.
Relocate to Memphis to experience the soul, food, and people of this city!