A good website has become a necessity which means you need someone to help you design a website and someone to host it.
Web hosting services provide the tools, technologies, and expertise needed for a website to be viewed on the Internet. Since there are many options available, how do you know what web hosting service to choose?
What to Consider
Here are a few things to check out before making a decision:
- Reliability – Look for a hosting service with a good reputation and record of uptime, preferably one with a guarantee.
- Support – At some point, a problem is bound to arise. When it does, you want help getting it fixed immediately, so look for a provider that offers 24/7 free phone support and fast, responsive customer service.
- Accessibility – Make sure you have access to your site and that you can easily make changes.
- Scalability – You want a web host that has the ability to scale as your business grows. They should be able to handle spikes in traffic without excessive fees.
- Backup – Make sure the service provider you select provides adequate backup service and redundancy.
- Pricing – Know what you’re paying for. Some providers offer a low start-up rate that goes up significantly after an initial period, or they charge additional fees for items that may be standard with other providers. Make sure you read and understand the fine print.
Good web hosting services provide plenty of bandwidth, keep systems backed up and redundant, and provide good security.
A professional-looking website will help you attract more customers and boost sales. You may want to consider website design services. If you aren’t ready or can’t afford to hire an agency or professional designer, choose a web hosting service that also provides website design services.
Choose from options such as:
- One-Page Website —With a basic one-page website template, you can have an online presence simply by providing basic information about your business. It’s a fast, easy way to get up and running with a professional appearance.
- Multiple Pages–Some services offer templates that allow multiple pages and customization.
- Professional Website Design–If you don’t have the time or confidence to do it yourself, professional website designers will build your entire site for you.